For most of us, the answer to this question has something to do with my favorite F word... FREEDOM.
At some point we decided that we didn't want to spend the best years of our life putting in 50+ hours/week, working to build somebody else's dream in exchange for a paycheck.
We decided that we wanted the freedom to control where and how we spent our time and effort - to build our own dream according to our own lifestyle. We decided that instead of spending long hours chained to a desk, we would rather spend more time creating memories with our family and friends. And instead of executing endless tasks that we can't stand doing, we would rather work on something more meaningful and rewarding.
But somewhere along the way in our journey as a franchise owner, you (like me) probably came to a pretty big realization...
You became a slave to the very business you started to give you freedom.
- Work as many if not MORE hours than before
- Have tasted a measure of freedom and now you want more of it
- Know you can generate more revenue, but don't have a network that can help you get there faster
- Be thinking about where to invest your money, but are too focused on your operations to find and research new opportunities
- Have read tons of books and attended events trying to figure out how to become a master at franchise ownership
...and oh yeah, you probably...
- Are more stressed than ever
- Haven't had a real vacation in a long time
- And are lonelier than anyone knows
Here's how I know that...
I HAVE BEEN EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE.